Ronán Conroy is the Associate Professor of Biostatistics. He was educated in Trinity College Dublin and University College Dublin, and obtained his Higher Doctorate from the National University of Ireland. He is the module co-ordinator for the Evidence Based Health module, which combines research methods, critical appraisal and research ethics. He teaches hands-on statistics courses on the PhD programmes. In addition, he provides statistical advice and analysis to College researchers. Professor Ronan Conroy’s research includes public health evaluation of solar disinfection in developing countries, and drinking water quality and diarrhoeal disease. Other developing country research includes sex worker advocacy and traditional birth attendant programme evaluation. Other research includes mental health in people with hepatitis C and psychiatric epidemiology studies. He is a member of the team running Ireland’s national population health study. He designed the SCORE risk assessment system which currently underpins the evaluation of cardiovascular risk in clinical practice in Europe as well as calculating the statistical risk function which underpins it.
- Khalid S, Dimitriou E, Conroy R, Paraskevaidis E, Kyrgiou M, Harrity C, et al. The thickness and volume of LLETZ specimens can predict the relative risk of pregnancy-related morbidity. BJOG : an international journal of obstetrics and gynaecology. 2012 Feb 14.
- Molloy C, Conroy RM, Cotter DR, Cannon M. Is Traumatic Brain Injury A Risk Factor for Schizophrenia? A Meta-Analysis of Case-Controlled Population-Based Studies. Schizophrenia Bulletin. 2011 Aug 02.
- McGuigan KG, Samaiyar P, du Preez M, Conroy RM. High Compliance Randomized Controlled Field Trial of Solar Disinfection of Drinking Water and Its Impact on Childhood Diarrhea in Rural Cambodia. Environmental science & technology. 2011 Sep 15;45(18):7862-7.
- McGee H, O’Higgins M, Garavan R, Conroy R. Rape and Child Sexual Abuse: What Beliefs Persist About Motives, Perpetrators, and Survivors? J Interpers Violence. 2011 Aug 22.
- Hardouin J-B, Conroy R, Sebille V. Imputation by the mean score should be avoided when validating a Patient Reported Outcomes questionnaire by a Rasch model in presence of informative missing data. BMC medical research methodology. 2011 Jul 14;11(1):105.
- Golden J, Conroy RM, Bruce I, Denihan A, Greene E, Kirby M, et al. The spectrum of worry in the community-dwelling elderly. Aging & Mental Health. 2011 Jul 12.
- du Preez M, Conroy R, Ligondo S, Hennessy J, Elmore-Meegan M, Soita A, et al. A randomised intervention study of solar disinfection of drinking water (SODIS) in the prevention of dysentery in Kenyan children aged under 5 years. Environmental science & technology. 2011 Sep 21.
- Doyle F, McGee HM, Conroy RM, Delaney M. What predicts depression in cardiac patients: sociodemographic factors, disease severity or theoretical vulnerabilities? Psychology & health. [Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov’t]. 2011 May;26(5):619-34.
- Conroy RM. Calculating effect size for continuous variables: D537 – a robust, quantile-based approach. Physiotherapy. 2011 Dec;97(4):309-12.
- Brugha R, Balfe M, Jeffares I, Conroy RM, Clarke E, Fitzgerald M, et al. Where do young adults want opportunistic chlamydia screening services to be located? J Public Health (Oxf). 2011 Apr 12.